In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Gun Value Question Agawam Arms

kriskris Member Posts: 973 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2007 in Ask the Experts
Agawam Arms Model 68..lever action single shot 22 caliber a co- worker asked me if i could find a price or value on this gun...condition is 100 blue and perfect wood less than 100 rounds through it..he bought it back in the late 60's and has been stored from that time period from what i gather 15,000 were produced but the company went belly up after the 1968 bs gun law's were put into effect..if anybody has a rough estimate it will be appreceiated thanks[:D]

Comments

• hedgehopper62hedgehopper62 Member Posts: 636 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The same gun was mfg. by stevens model 89 and the ithaca 49 most parts interchange.I feel the agawam is better built as it has a steel reciever and high grade walnut for stocks.stevens 100% 85.00 down to 60% 35.00. Ithaca 100% 145.00 down to40.00 tks hedge[:D]
  • kriskris Member Posts: 973 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    I have seen them at gun shows listed for $125-150 but they are not selling at that price. I inherited one from my dad who I think paid $20 back about 1974 and bought another a while back for about $50.The original one has probably has 10,000 rounds put through it by me (shooting gophers).Mine were very accurate. I also found an Ithaca M49 which I agree is not as well made. I am questioning the strength of the hammer springs though. Mine (all three) sat for about 15 years unused and I had problems with misfires when I draged them out to shoot them. I shimmed the spring on one and got it to fire about 95% of the time. I also broke the ejector on one trying to put it back together (try find one of those).