In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

11-48 not 11-87

Cloc54stunnaCloc54stunna Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited November 2007 in Ask the Experts
i am sorry about the mix up with the remington i have is an 11-48 not a 11-87, on the barrel question

Comments

• Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot lots of ducks with 2&3/4 inch shells.
  • Options
    timbromantimbroman Member Posts: 1,164
    edited November -1
    Welcome - All that I can add is that you would want to note the friction ring on the magazine tube - it is "invertable" to adapt between the "Low-Brass" and the "High-Brass" loads - it is the Browning-developed "shock absorber" on the Remington. Good luck with the shotgun - over the last 50 years lots of ducks were shot with this one as well.
  • Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello "Cloc54stunna"[:)]

The 11-48 in 28 gauge is my favorite shotgun, and I have a dozen or so in my safe --- shotgun that is ---- only 2 11-48's. You can get up to a one ounce load which is at the bottom end of the 20 gauge range.

The 11-48 has a "browning" recoil operating system, so be sure to turn the friction ring to the proper setting for "heavy" loads. Don't take "hope" shots --- wait until the duck is 25 meters away and don't forget that it takes more "leed" than you think.

Happy hunting[8D]
    Steve Adams
    AdamsQuailHunter on GunBroker, Shotgun World, Bear Tooth bullets, E-bay and Yahoo
  • Options
    Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remember....Don't oil the mag tube..!
    Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member