In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Glock

spinnakerun1spinnakerun1 Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
edited November 2007 in Ask the Experts
how to i tell if I have a Gen4 Glock.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Where can I find A Owner's Manual for Glock hand guns. I can't find A web sight for Glock, can any one help me with this?? [img][/img]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Glock recalls?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    does any one know if a Steyr M-40 is as durable as a Glock? And does a half inch of barrel make a difference in accuracy?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hi guys,

I need some advise as to what my glock is worth. It's a Model 20, 40 cal. I have shot about 5 boxes out of it and need some cash. There are a few stratches on it, I would guess it's about 95% rating. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ron
  • Options
    edited November -1
    'Just wondering what mods/upgrades Glock owners have made to their weapons and which they are most pleased with.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Glock 40cal. I have put about 100 rds through it and like it. My question is glock 40 vrs glock 45. The 40 cal is my home defense gun. I am considering going to the 45 cal instead. Is it worth it?

french people don't speak german, Thank my dad for that!!
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not sure what you mean by pre-ban but Glock did upgrades to their guns years ago.

They changed the internal parts of the early guns from the black oxide finish to the current nickel finish. They will do your gun at no charge if you have the older parts still in it.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Get on the web site and check with them.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It looks like Glock has one of the cheapest web sites I have seen. NO info. to speak of and nothing of any replacements that they have made to the guns. Don't ask , don't tell . Plus a phone number if you want to find out anything. Long distance call by the way. Thanks for nothing, Glock.
  • Options
    green milegreen mile Member Posts: 619 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only recalls that I can remember were in 2004 for several internal explosions due to ammunition. It should also be noted that the ammunition was Federal 230 grain hollowpoints. My issue weapon (Glock 21) has 1200 rounds through it with no problems, and my back up/off duty Glock 19 has 6000 rounds and no problems. Keep them cleaned up correctly and prepare to pass them on to your children. Thanks.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    They had a recall a few years ago on the rear frame rails breaking off.The New york PD had some porblems with them. I belive the round count was high when the rails broke.
    If you are worried about it, it woukd be worth the long distance call.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There was a recall a few years back pertaining to some s/n's.
    My early G19 qualified and I got them to send me an update kit.
    As I recall the only part that was in any way questionable was the striker safety plunger which was burred and maybe the plunger spring weakened.
    I replaced all the supplied parts anyway.
    In my opinion, that plunger and spring should come out for inspection,be cleaned, lubed & checked for freedom of action.
    This is the part that holds the striker in the semi cocked position.