In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

yugo m48 $99?

andy12390andy12390 Member Posts: 486 ✭✭✭
edited July 2006 in Ask the Experts
is $99 for a yugo m48 mauser in good condition an ok price?

Comments

• Options
    jimkanejimkane Member Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    check what they are going for over on the auction side, thats usually a good guage, also look at comparative condition
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seems about right. Check out Shotgun News also, they offer alot of C & R guns.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I currently see them at gun shows for $129 in excellent condition. For $99, it needs to be better than "good".

Neal
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Andy12390,

That is a pretty good price as most of them have jumped up in the $130.00 range. It is a pretty good buy as most of the M48's weren't issued. They were also well fitted when they were made. I have two and paid right about that for each and they both shoot really well when loaded with the right ammunition. Turk ammo runs nearly at 3000 fps but won't give realy tight groups. Handloads with 150 gr. and 175 gr. have produced the best results so far. I would say if you want one. Buy it that price. You won't go wrong. Yugo Mil spec., Prvi Partizan, Olympic work pretty good in my rifle. The American manufacturers make theirs pretty weak. Not worth buying unless you just want the brass.

-hope that helps some
  • Options
    redman.com1redman.com1 Member Posts: 718 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    if you dont have a c&r, which i assume you dont. all of the surplus guns have gone up considerably in the past year. my state happens to have the cheapest prices in the union and they are going for 149.00. so $99 a good deal.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In addition to the Olympic - much of which is non-reloadable, S & B loads their 8X57 Mauser ammo to its full factory potential.