In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

M.A.C modele 1935s

mark_amburgeymark_amburgey Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited April 2007 in Ask the Experts
ok here is another i have it seems either rare or a generic knock off only sayse MODELE 1935 s CAL.7.65 L M 1 MAC-C 6363on one side and M.A.C on the other clip says 1935-s i see no other markings so on this one is it rare and worth something or a cheap knock off thank you mark

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    French Service Pistol, almost all date to the post W W II era, circa 1945-1950.

Quit a few were imported and sold cheaply in the U.S. years ago. Virtually no ammo was available for them, either then or now.

Nothing wrong with them, decent quality service pistol. Ammo is real hard to come by.

If it's in arsenal original, very good condition or better? Maybe you could get $200 - $300 for it, from a military pistol collector?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thank you for the info but that pic looks nothing like it if that is what it is supposed to be i will try to figure out how to put a pic and send some thank you again for the help
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mark_amburgey
    thank you for the info but that pic looks nothing like it if that is what it is supposed to be i will try to figure out how to put a pic and send some thank you again for the help

Here is a picture of it, the other pistol is a U.S. Model 1900 American Eagle Luger that belongs to me.

Click on this link, This ia a excellent site that give you the history of the 1935 S

http://www.gunsworld.com/gun_pistols/Mas_MLE_1935S.htm

inf-fr-pstl-1935s-tp.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    yes that is it exactally you did great thank you ok now for the follow up question and why i really wanted to know about it in the first place i need some parts for it and would like to know what companies to look at also would it be listed as a 1935s for parts and who would the maker be thank you very much mark
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mark_amburgey
    yes that is it exactally you did great thank you ok now for the follow up question and why i really wanted to know about it in the first place i need some parts for it and would like to know what companies to look at also would it be listed as a 1935s for parts and who would the maker be thank you very much mark

Try Gun Parts Corp. They have a big on-line catalog/web-site. It is a French Model 1935 S service pistol. I believe that "M.A.C" are either the initials or a acronym used by the manufacturer of the pistol.