In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

10/22 accessories

rainyrainy Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
edited July 2004 in Ask the Experts
ive heard alot about customizing a 10/22. where do i go to see/buy such customizations?

Comments

• Options
    1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Virtually any gun magazine will have at least some adds dedicated to the customization of the 10/22, but the best place to look in my opinion would be the Shotgun News, as there seem to be about 20 adds dedicated to just that! Power Custom, Brownells, Midway, Sportsmans Guide, Butler Creek...all are places to look. You can race those things up to about the $1500 dollar mark if so inclined (although I have NO inclination as to why someone would do that as in the Turner Barracuda!), although I wouldn't be spending more than $300 (including the gun!) if I were you!

"When I cease learning...I'm dead"(Me)
    "Power corrupts...Absolute power corrupts absolutely"(Descartes?)
    "History is written by winners"(Patton)
    "You get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than you do with a kind word alone!"(Al Capone)
    "There is nothing lower than the human race...except the French" (Samuel Clemens)
  • Options
    Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi welcome to the forum. Use the email icon at the top of this reply and drop me a mssg. and I'll go over the stuff I use.

2470100-M.jpg
    If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Both http://www.basspro.com and http://cabelas.com/ have stuff both online and in thier catalogs. For upper end stuff a lot of people (including myself) really like http://volquartsen.com/.

Personally, for the price, I think it's hard to beat a factory Ruger 10/22 with the hammer forged heavy barrel target model and taking it to a gun smith and getting a $25 trigger job. It really helps a lot and is much cheaper than a whole trigger group.

That's part of the joy of owning a 10/22 - all the options you have for making it something totally unique. At one point I had "race guns", now the only one I have is my sporterized hunting 10/22 that's setup perfectly for the type of hunting I do. Essentially it's fairly much stock except I had a trigger job done, put on a RAISED scope mount with the open sights sighted in at 10 yards and the scope sighted in at 50 yards.
    Here's a pic of mine:

Ruger1022.JPG
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    lrry491lrry491 Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    hi i buy a lot from www.rimfiresports.com they have free shipping to for the u.s. they have been very good to me

larry