In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Rohm revolver 38 special????

SSD0321SSD0321 Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
edited August 2006 in Ask the Experts
I am trying to identify if a Rohm revolver, in 38 special, that I have won on GB, is C&R eligible. I believe it is the 34 or 38 model. The cylinder does swing out, which I thought was interesting. Does anyone know how old these revolvers are or know of a way to research the date of manufacture? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• john wjohn w Member Posts: 4,104
    edited November -1
    I had a rohm 38. Big and not well built but would work fine. They will not be C&R though as they are still classified modern. You can go to the batf site and look thru the C&R list to make sure
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Probably a RG-38, as the the RG-34 was chambered for 22 rf, according to my reference. As the previous poster noted, these aren't C & R guns, as there less then 50 years old. The DOM should be marked next to the West German proofs on the revolver. Sometimes it is in the form of a letter code rather then numerals.
  • RobinRobin Member Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dear SS,
    I received one as a gift. I could never get to work correctly in double action. It could have been a substitute for a hand exerciser. I traded it for a pair of tennis shoes at a "get the guns off of the street" radio program. The shoes worked better than the revolver. Maybe they made some good ones?