In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rebarreling for a 673 Rem stock??????

RemfarmerRemfarmer Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited August 2006 in Ask the Experts
I have a favorite Model 7 Remington in an 18 1/2 inch tube in 7/08. I love this gun but recentlywas flirted by a 700 LSS Mtn Rifle. The wife gave me the nod (she's a good wife) and I bought it. Now with two 7/08s I feel the need(ahum) to rebarrel the Seven into something fun and I thought about a 6MM Rem. I like the stocks on the Model 673's and thought getting Douglas Barrels to put a Remington contoured barrel in either a 002 or 003 and have it bedded into a new 373 stock. Anyone know which might be a better fit for that stock?
Doug

Comments

• Options
    RemfarmerRemfarmer Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK, I may have a typo that keeps me from getting a response. I want to use the Reminton 673 not 373 stock with a Douglas barrel. I want a 6MM Rem for a walking varmint rifle and maybe pop some does on my farm. I just don't know about matching the contour to the 673 stock. I do realize either will need some inletting but which would be a better fit the #2 or #3?