In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How Much Is my Wingmaster 870-20guage worth?

thebassmasterthebassmaster Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited August 2006 in Ask the Experts
Hey i got this wingmaster 870 20 Guage from my grandpa and i was wondering what its worth. Its not like i would selkl it or anything but im just curious what its worth.. The serial number is 1216440x
The barrell is not ribbed and thaqts all i can tell u for know, because my Dad put it back in the safe and he had to go to a orientation for my little sister...so if u can give me some info on it it will be greatly appreciated..Thanks

Comments

• duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • DEG305DEG305 Member Posts: 469 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    because it was from your Grandpa, PRICELESS!!!
  • jthoresenjthoresen Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just FYI the X Suffix means it's a full sized frame, 20 gauge, 2 3/4" shells only. Same frame as the 12s.
  • tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    condition/ pic?
  • 1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The full sized frame and non ventilated barrel bring the estimated price down a fair bit (although, as stated, if you are lucky enough to be inheriting this gun from G'Pa, it is PRICELESS!), unless the condition is beyond belief, as in New in Box! Around $250 for a 90%+ specimen. If you had the ultralight, medium frame Wingmaster 20 Ga (I got one from my parents for my 16th birthday...still perfect, although it has killed more pheasant than cancer!)you would be looking at closer to $400. The large frame is less desireable as most people felt it looked "out of scale". Since it is an older gun (I'm assuming because of the non VR)and a fixed choke, values are not that high. Keep it for the sentimental attachment, and always treasure the memories of G'Pa when you and your Dad or Mom take you hunting with it. Congratulations on a nice peice of family heritage!
  • redman.com1redman.com1 Member Posts: 718 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    hey buddy, if your gun has good blue and decent wood its worth $250.00 minimum. 870's these days are going for more than there worth, and being an older one with a 12 guage frame is worth more , not less! like others have told you! if it is pristine shape that will be about $300.00. just the barrel runs $150.00, if you can find one! hope this helps.