In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need Help with value?

BulletBurtonBulletBurton Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited November 2007 in Ask the Experts
Hi guys i've been looking around on your forum and really like it. I have a few ?'s about some guns i have and figured this would be the best place to ask.

I have a Winchester Model 1912 16 Ga Nickel Steel that i would really like to know the value on. The gun is in great shape, its never been messed with or anything. Theres only a few small places on the stock that has some nicks but the barrell and everything else is perfect. The number on the barrell bottom side, i'm guessing is the serial and is it 87065

Comments

• Options
    BulletBurtonBulletBurton Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry, i also have the 1912 12 GA. that i would like to know the value

The 12 is a Full and the 16 is Mod.
  • Options
    bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    Model 12 in 16Ga at 98% condition books out at $525. Serial number given indicates it was manufactured in 1915.

Model 12 in 12Ga at 98% condition Books out at $450
  • Options
    Gdt928Gdt928 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello - I have four shotguns I'd like to sell. How can I establish the value?

Thanks!
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With your info about $80.00 for the set.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello Gdt 928 Your question is akin to asking I have one House one Boat one Car one Airplane what are they worth ? without detailed information and in focus detail pictures any answer would just be a WAG.
  • Options
    HerschelHerschel Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gdt98,

There are two ways I can suggest. First would be to purchase a copy of the Blue Book of Gun Values. It lists most modern and some antique American made firearms. It gives the value of each based on the percentage of original finish remaining. Photos in the book illustrate the various percentages of finish.

The second way would be to determine the model of each firearm then do a search of completed auctions on gunbroker to see what similar guns have sold for. "Pie in the sky" minimum bids are meaningless as to true value. What counts is what someone bids or pays for the gun at auction.

Posting detailed photos of each firearm on this forum will probably result some good guestimates of the value of each.
  • Options
    jtmarine0831jtmarine0831 Member Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by duckhunter
    With your info about $80.00 for the set.

I'll give a $100!![:D][:D]