In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Argentine Rolling Block

JohnWSJohnWS Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited March 2011 in Ask the Experts
Hi , I am completely new to this forum . I recently received a small collection of rifles that were purchased by a family member in the mid 1960's and stored away. I am in the process of identifying them and would like to know what a reasonable sale price of this one.
I believe this one is a M1879 Argentine Remington Rolling Block , Cal 11mm the bluing is better than 90% , bore appears to be excellent. The stock appears to be walnut with a few dings and handling marks , the only marking is a R stamped on top of the butt just forward of the butt plate. R stamped on the left side barrel flat. Also tang has dates and Remington pat. numbers. From what information I've found the ramrod is threaded and original.
Thanks for any help..
017.jpg
testphotos013.jpg
007.jpg
testphotos017.jpg

Comments

• MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,961 ******
    edited November -1
    nice 'roller', I've got one in similar cond. It's probably a .43 spanish but a chamber cast would tell. I'd est. about $600/800. they make nice shooters.
  • slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds about right to me.
  • JohnWSJohnWS Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for getting back with the info guys ..[:D]
  • cbyerlycbyerly Member Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is Argentine. Those were refurbished at the aresnals in south america before being offered for sale on the international market. The finish you see is not original. Most have near perfect bores, but the chambers on some are pitted since the cleaning rod does not reach the chamber from the muzzle. Check out the current RRBs for sale here to help determine the value.
  • MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,961 ******
    edited November -1
    cberly .........."Those were refurbished at the aresnals in south america before being offered for sale on the international market. The finish you see is not original. Most have near perfect bores, but the chambers on some are pitted since the cleaning rod does not reach the chamber from the muzzle."...........just wondering where you got this info, I have a very similar rifle and I'm good at sporting refinishing. Mine doen't look refinished (or used much, if any).