In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rifle Value?

Fletch FletcherFletch Fletcher Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
edited December 2009 in Ask the Experts
I have a rifle that I never used and I'm thinking about selling it but I'm not sure of a fair asking price. It's a 1995 7MM Browning A-Bolt II Composite Stalker with BOSS. The gun is in good shape and has a Swift 4-12X50 scope on it. Can someone tell me what is the average value of this gun is, with or without the scope?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hi Folks,
    I would appreciate any help on establishing a value on a rifle please.
    It is a Remington Model 700 Classic made in the 80s in .35 Whelen caliber. It is in Mint condition. Thanks for your help.
    Fish
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am wondering the value of a 308 savage 99cd lever action. In nice shape visually. Thank you in advance for your help.
  • Options
    chumchumchumchum Member Posts: 847 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Blued 400-450 in good condition
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi Fletch,

Welcome to the forums here on Gunbroker.

That rifle with the scope is worth around $500.00 if that is a 7MM Remington Magnum you are talking about, and not a 7MMx57 Mauser. Unfortunately that brand of scope does not add much to the value.

Best
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes, it is a Blued 7MM Remington Magnum. I appreciate y'alls help.

Fletch
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Take the scope off and the rifle will bring as much as it will with this brand of scope.
  • Options
    TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd ask $495 for the rifle alone if I were putting it up for sale in a gunstore on consignment and take $475 if offered. The scope is a pretty good scope but not in the same class as a Burris or a Leupold. It does have a no questions asked, over the counter, instant replacement from a Swift dealer if you ever have problems with it; so I'd keep it for use on another rifle. I have four Swift scopes that came on used rifles and only one had to be replaced by the dealer, and it was on a 7mm Remington Ultra Mag.
  • Options
    chumchumchumchum Member Posts: 847 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The scope is worth about $75, add that to the price I had posted.