In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

1911 Govt (part 2) pic heavy

we_dig_itwe_dig_it Member Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭
edited January 2010 in Ask the Experts
100_5471.jpg
100_5478.jpg
100_5502.jpg
100_5477.jpg
100_5498-1.jpg
100_5472.jpg

The gun is field stripped and I can look for any markings if you need me to. I guess I need to know if this pistol,holster and mags is worth 500.00. Refer to Colt 1911 Govt topic I started last nite if you havent read it already. Thanks Billy

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The holster is Swedish. It's for their Model 1907 pistol, not correct for the Colt.

The Colt IMHO would grade out as being in Good condition. Looks like it was run hard and put away wet.

At that price it would be very questionable to me, way to beat up to have much collectors value.

If you just want a .45 as a shooter go with one of those PI made, Rock Island guns.
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Small parts with exception of grips and ached mainspring housing look ok slide is earlier then Frame MIS-MATCHED this pistol also looks like someone tried to DEFACE the U.S. Property Marks and the slide and frame are sad condition . The barrel if not pitted or what we say Frosted in the grooves could be worth $150.00 Up if bore is same condition as the slide and frame this will be less then $150.00 rear sight may also be replacement . I would not pay $500.00 for this pistol closer to $350.00 for everything in your pictures.
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    not to disagree with rufe, but the gun does have some appeal. looks like it was made in 1918 and i especially like the attempt to scratch out the united states property rollmark! gives it some character! not really a collectible any more, but, what the hell, it's 90 years old! that's kinda cool, in my way of thinking. offer him $450 and sell the holster and 2 of the mags and you'll have an inexpensive piece of history to play with.
    just my opinion
    tom

EDIT #1 is here any chance the gun came from colt with the mismatched slide? using up some left over prior production slides?
    just curious.
  • timhill100timhill100 Member Posts: 1,133 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    whos selling it id buy that in a heartbeat for 500.00, tell him to put it on the auction side ill bet it would end up going for 800.00
  • we_dig_itwe_dig_it Member Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, the gun belongs to a friend of mine. I probably wont take it, but I may list it for him on GB. Thanks for the comments, Billy