In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

H &R Reising 22

buffalobobbuffalobob Member Posts: 119 ✭✭✭
edited January 2010 in Ask the Experts
My Blue Book of Gun Values lists a Reising mod. 60 in .45 cal. and a Standard Civilian Model .22 LR. The serial no. is not clear on the gun I have in question. It says Mod. 6, but I cannot read the second digit. This gun has threads on the end of the barrel but no flash suppresor. No finish left on the barrel or receiver but the gun is in good condition. It is .22 cal.
Can anyone tell me what the mod. no. is and the approx. value of the gun?
Thanks for reply.
Bob

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a Model 65. Need quality photos for a accurate valuation. But from your description with the missing finish etc. It's not likely to have any value to a collector, only to somebody who wanted a inexpensive .22 as a shooter. That's providing it's functional with a operable magazine.
  • Options
    32 Magnum32 Magnum Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As Rufe posted - really would need photos. If unable to post pics, please post any and all stampings on barrel and receiver - and whether they look to be "commercial" type roll stamps or stamped using a die set. Also, am assuming the piece is a semi-auto, magazine feed rifle - since you stated it to be a Reising??? H&R never catalogued a Reising in .22 with a threaded barrel or muzzle break/flash suppressor - doesn't mean they didn't make a proto-type or experimental example. Pictures, please.
    Jim Hauff
    H&R Collector
  • Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The threads on the front of the barrel are for the front sight assembly. It screws on. Nice complet guns are collectable. Good shooters and a little different mechanicaly.
  • Options
    I.ShuteI.Shute Member Posts: 647
    edited November -1
    My Reising .22LR has the front sight base enlargement machined on the barrel, not threaded. I don't see a model number anywhere. Where is it located on yours?
    The serial # is 187X. (The X is mine - my keyboard is goofed up, doesn't print the last 1 or 2 numbers).
    This one is either re-blued or brand new. If re-blued it was done really well.

Added: slumlord44: There are slight curves at the base of the sight base and no joint.
    The 1980's Gun Parts books show it as one part.
    All the lettering is sharp, doesn't look like it's been buffed. If it has been it was done by an expert.
    It's a fairly early model, maybe before they stamped a model on them.

HEY ! I should delete this post!
    I'm talking about a .22 automatic pistol, not a rifle.
  • Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you sure it is not threaded on? Look closely. Model # on mine is on the reciever close to where the barrel threads in as near as I can recall. If gun has been reblued it is possible model # has been buffed off.