In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Holsters for a 1911

agman1999agman1999 Member Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2004 in Ask the Experts
I'm looking at holsters for a 1911 that I recently purchased. First, I need to mount a holster under the seat or under the dash on my company car. I've been told that there are some out on the market that are made to mount on a flat surface, but I haven't found any. If anybody has a brand they could suggest for this so I could dig up some info, I'd appreciate it.

Also, I need to find a holster to use for occasional carry. I'm considering a high-ride belt or paddle holster, but I think my "spare tire" is going to prevent me from carrying that way without the butt of the grip poking me in the arm or making a tent out of my jacket. I realize that the 1911 isn't the easiest thing in the world to carry, but it's either carrying it or nothing until my budget lets me make another purchase. Also, I think I probably need to go with a Kydex holster. I really like leather, but I can't live with staining my clothes from it. Does anyone in the Kansas City area stock a variety of holsters, or should I plan on buying by mail order until I find something I like?

Comments

• Options
    ItGoBangItGoBang Member Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think FOBUS will have everything you need...[:D]

http://fobusholster.com

It will hurt you, More than it will hurt me..

Life Member..NRA,
    American Legion, MECU, MWCA, SMSC, NASDS, IDPA
    Thanks for all the help!

IN GOD WE TRUST! *And don't use Pay Pal!
  • Options
    1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ditto on ItGoBangs post. I have several Fobus holster (I live in Illinois, so I don't carry except from time to time at the range) and I really like the operation. They look like they shouldn't work at all but they really do a great job!

"When I cease learning...I'm dead"(Me)
    "Power corrupts...Absolute power corrupts absolutely"(Descartes?)
    "History is written by winners"(Patton)
    "You get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than you do with a kind word alone!"(Al Capone)
    "There is nothing lower than the human race...except the French" (Samuel Clemens)