In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

John Wayne Winchester

freemantfreemant Member Posts: 58 ✭✭
edited July 2004 in Ask the Experts
Hi-
I have been offered a John Wayne Winchester commemorative carbine but it does not have the box or original paperwork. The gun appears to be unfired with no external blemishes that I can find. I have checked the auctions here at GBs and have an idea what it would be worth with the box and papers but have no idea what the value is without these things. I know Commemoratives are peculiar items that do not necessarially follow the rules other thing do so that's why I'm asking. Thanks in advance for your advise.

Terry

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Smart move, asking before you buy.

Without the box & paperwork, it's just another like-new plain Winchester. Check the GB completed auction prices for a similar condition plain rifle, & that's what you should pay for the commemorative you are looking at. (Don't look at the price for a New-In-Box rifle, as NIB will always bring a premium over "like new" or "almost new" or "mint".)

Neal
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WHAT IS THE OFFER PRICE??

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • Options
    only winchestersonly winchesters Member Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good morning freemant. Winchesters with the box and paper work can go for 20-50% more than a gun without the box and paper work. I've only seen one John Wayne box come up for auction in the last couple of years, it went for a little over $400. So if you buy the gun, the next thing would be to get the box and paper work. The John Wayne seems to be the Winchester that has the highest value when it is all there, meaning, gun,box and paper, meaning a gun without the box and paper should be a lot cheaper. Regards Dave
  • Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know it's not worth as much as in the box.But it's still worth a lot more than a model 94 in excellent condition.
    [:)]

Eagle_Guns.gif
    standard.jpg
    standard.jpg
    When a worm wants to relax,does he go fishing?

ATF,Eagle Guns
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    I'd place a value of $350.00 as discribed...

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    CAPT. IF YOU HAVE A "JW" IN THIS CONDITION FOR $350.00 I WILL TAKE IT. PLEASE ADVISE. THANKS,

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • Options
    steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would have to agree with duckhunter. Id pay 500.00 for it. Like everything else its worth what someone would pay.