In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Beretta M1934

Roger CarlyRoger Carly Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
edited August 2004 in Ask the Experts
Need Beretta collector assist in identifying a WWII Mod. 1934.
This gun differs from others only in markings. It has no RE, RA
RM or PS acceptance stamps...only an eagle with wings spread under
a crown on frame back of left grip below slide. None of the standard proof markings, but left side of slide bears the usual wartime company
markings plus 1942 XXI, otherwise there is nothing to distinguish it as to branch of mil. service. I feel certain the crown over eagle will identify it among those who specialize in this model. Please help.

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Many years ago ( 1970's? ), I had a Beretta with a large spread wing bird crest, similar to what you describe. The pictures are long gone, but I believe it was a Italian Air Force marking.

luger_4.jpg
  • Roger CarlyRoger Carly Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks to you both, guys. You've been great help. This gun has such exceptionally good finish on it unlike usual wartime stuff that it had me wondering if maybe Beretta was still doing commercial work during the war.
  • p0838p0838 Member Posts: 248 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As a point of informtion, this EXACT pistol was imported into the USA as a Beretta COUGAR 380 acp in the 1960's, no relation to the recent batch of Beretta Cougars