In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Browning Citori Lightning Sporting Clays Editon.

rc1988rc1988 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
edited August 2004 in Ask the Experts
As you all know i am looking for my first trap gun. Anyway a good buddy of mine at the club is selling his Citori Lightning Sporting Clays Edition. Its less then a year old. And has the Comb Adjusted. And its the model with the High Rib. I think i might buy this gun because it wont limit me to just trap. But here is the question. I know trap guns are built to keep on shooting, i know field guns are too but you will have to get more parts replaced. Anyway will this gun take the beating as well as a trap gun shooting wise? I just want to make sure i buy a gun that i can keep shooting without worrying if its falling apart. All together he is asking $1400. Also there is a kickeez pad on it too. Thanks in advance for the comments!

Comments

• rc1988rc1988 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Also do you know why this gun is chambered for both 2.75 and 3 inch shells?
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    buy it. btw...field guns gets less use but more abuse. skeet and trap guns get more use less abuse. is the bbl marked 3" shells?

former air operations officer SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team 2. former navy skeet team, former navy rifle/pistol team member. co-owner skeetmaster tubes inc.. owner/operator professional shooting instruction.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • rc1988rc1988 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    yeah it can shoot both 2.75 shells and 3 inch shells. Its the browning citori lighting sporting clays editon.
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good gun, good price, buy it!

"Aim small...Miss small"
  • allechalleyallechalley Member Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As the others have said, Grab It. A friend of mine shot his for thousands of rounds, got a good trade deal going and got a new one. This year he tried to find one to buy back to make a "tube carrier" gun used and could find one for months and paid $1650 plus freight for a new or slightly used and not an adjustable comb. His first one was a little loose in the hinge, but by no means sloppy or wore out. He could easily had it tightened by Browning for a few dollars and done just about as many rounds again. It's really tough to actually wear one out.
  • BigBarnBigBarn Member Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buy that puppy! And don't think one minute about it falling apart, or breaking. I have shot trap twice a week, every week form the last twenty years, and by far the majority of the guns out there are Browning's. It is virtually impossible to purchase a better built shotgun, that will last longer, and preform better, for the money, than a Browning. You just can't do it! Now don't get me wrong, there are better trap guns out there, that are prettier, fancier, and maybe fit better, but to be able to buy one of them, you are gonntalk in big money, as anyone that shoots serious trap will tell you.
    If you do not buy that Citori, you will kick your butt for the next month!
    Hope you enjoy the sport, we need more young people in it!

BigBarn[:o)]

"Respect the land, and it will respect you"