In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Benelli 20 guage saddle mount ??

gunrunrgunrunr Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
edited August 2004 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone make a saddle style scope mount for the Benelli M1 Super 90 in 20 guage? I haven't been able to find anything. Any other ideas? I've got a friend with a little girl that wants to scope up her Benelli and go deer hunting but haven't been able to found a scope mount for it.

Also, any sources for a reasonable rifled slug barrel for that gun?

Thanks so much, any info would be greatly appreciated.

gunrunr@kdsi.net

Comments

• Options
    MastersonMasterson Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    not a cluuuuuueeeeeeeeeeee
    sorry, but i didn't want ya to feel left out, so I brought the topic back to date for ya

Big B
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You should be able to just drill/tap the top of the receiver. The Benelli's use a split receiver (top half of the receiver and barrel are mated) so they are much more solid for mounting a scope to than say a 1100 or something like that that has a solid receiver and a seperate barrel.

You can always use quick release bases if desired.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    gunrunrgunrunr Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The M1 Super 90 does not have the split receiver like the Super Black Eagle so not sure if drilling and tapping will still be the best choices. Any opinions?

Any other ideas on a manufacturer for scope bases for this 20 guage?

gunrunr@kdsi.net
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Brownell, www.brownells.com carry shotgun scope mounts for Benelli shotguns. All seem to specify that they are for 12 gauge guns. You might want to contect the technical folks at 800-741-0015 to see if they can be reworked for 20 gauge.

luger_4.jpg