In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Value Winchester 1873 Car 98%,,But

destindondestindon Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
edited February 2008 in Ask the Experts
Looking for thoughts on value of 1873 Carbine, third model, in excellant condition however I think it was a Winchester factory refinish....because lever is blue,,hammer is blue,,top of frame has Win. proof mark, and barrel mkd. 44W.C.F....Bore is mirror,,wood is 98% and bluing is 98%....Looks great....dd

Comments

• Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have provided a description that could potentially have dramatic value swings based on original vs. refinish vs. factory rework/refinish. It really requires detailed photos posted in this forum to be able to give you any reasonable estimate of value. You can find instructions on posting photos if you look at the top of this forum or follow this link:

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=259294

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by destindon
    Looking for thoughts on value of 1873 Carbine, third model, in excellant condition however I think it was a Winchester factory refinish....because lever is blue,,hammer is blue,,top of frame has Win. proof mark, and barrel mkd. 44W.C.F....Bore is mirror,,wood is 98% and bluing is 98%....Looks great....dd

What is the serial number on this Carbine? As described, I am not of the belief that it was factory refinished. If you really want a definitve answer, purchase a factory letter for it from the Cody Firearms Museum.