In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ruger #1

mcpofmcpof Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited February 2008 in Ask the Experts
how do I find an approx value of a stainless steel Ruger #1 22-250 with a synthetic stock and a bull barrel? It also has a Nicon scope. Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• mcpofmcpof Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have a #1 rsi in 7mm mauser serial #132-67041 also an rsi#1 in 30-06 serial #133-67840 what year were they made
    edited November -1
    I'm about to buy a Ruger#1 in a 30-06.Now before i do,What can you tell me about the pro's and con's[:)]

Thank's for your input.
    edited November -1
    i have a ruger#1 rsi 7x57 red butt pad 98% or better cond. whats it worth also a #1 rsi 30-06 new in box from mid 90s 100% whats it worth unfired
    edited November -1
    Has anyone used the Hicks Accurizer for the Ruger #1? I have a few #1s and am interested in buying one if it provides the accuracy improvement promised and if it remains constant.
    edited November -1
    Just got my 1st Ruger #1 and can see the cartridge rim when the action is closed. Is this normal?
    Thanks for your help

Walt
    edited November -1
    Hi,
    Can anyone tell me or may know the production numbers for a Ruger #1 in 300 H&H ??? The weapon Serial # is 132-88866 and I believe it was produced in April 1990.
    I would appreciate and any information.
    Thanks..
    Pete
    edited November -1
    Came across a #1 with a red butt pad and the barrel is marked "7mm Rem. Express or .280 Rem.". Is this marking a transitional thing when the round was renamed and is it a rarity? I have seen a lot of rifles chambered in .280, but have never seen the barrels marked in such a manner. I know 7mm Rem Express is the same thing, just curios.[?]
    edited November -1
    What is your opinion of the Ruger #1 rifle.

Thanks

Rockton
    edited November -1
    WHAT IS A MODEL 1B WORTH IN ABOUT 95% COND. IT ALSO HAS A LEUPOLD VX3 3.5X10-50 SCOPE MOUNTED IN 7MMREM MAG THANKS
  • helimanheliman Member Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go to Rugers website and get the phone number from there and call them. They can give you the production month and shipping month. Perhaps they can tell you the production numbers of that caliber.
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mcpof
    Hi,
    Can anyone tell me or may know the production numbers for a Ruger #1 in 300 H&H ??? The weapon Serial # is 132-88866 and I believe it was produced in April 1990.
    I would appreciate and any information.
    Thanks..
    Pete

Considering all the "How do I convert a 30.06 to 300 H & H?" questions I've seen on the Ruger forum, I came really close to asking if yours might be a re - barrel. But I asked the Ruger guys & they came up with the following:

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=194489#194489

Seems like the #1 in 300 H & H is worth a few $$$ more than the average #1.
  • MikeinMikein Member Posts: 106 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    mcpof,

Ruger began 1990 with s/n 132-87029, and 1991 with s/n 132-92985, so it looks like your estimate of April '90 is pretty good. My book doesn't break it down by caliber within the Ruger #1 model.