In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Does This Loader have a Caliber?

dittosdittos Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in Ask the Experts
I need to sell this box labeled Lee Loader - Complete Reloading Tool-Quality Built for a friend:

http://www.BidMentor.com/eBayPics/leeloader.jpg

The problem is my lack of knowledge of most things reloading. There is absolutely NO caliber mentioned in this box of items. Nothing on the box and no insert. On the items there is no caliber that I can see.

Maybe this is not caliber specific. But I just do not know how to describe it.

Can you point me in the right direction so I can be sure to get the most possible for the friend whose reloading equipment I am currently selling on GB.

Thanks as always!

Greg

Comments

• Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Looks like one for a pistol or straight wall rifle, I can tell you that much.
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is an insert would come with a kit like this that would list the caliber the reloading kit was for.

Using an empty case, you may be able to figure out what caliber it is for by trial and error.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    THESE ARE CALIBER SPICIFIC, IT SHOULD HAVE AN INSERT LIKE THE ONE i RECENTLY SOLD
    http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=128443714
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Absent the paper insert, there is a sizing tool- looks like a heavy walled silver tube, open at both ends. There will be numbers stamped halfway down the tube. That indicates the cartridge it is to be used to reload.
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dittos,

There you go, I deleted it. I was running out the door early this morning and simply forgot to delete my post. It was a small oversight. It most certainly was not intentional.

Some of us have both jobs and jobs on top of jobs and occasionally things get to moving too fast.

Best.
  • Options
    dittosdittos Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    After I wrote my reply above, I just now saw in my Inbox an email from NoNonsense apologizing for his post. He said he was tired.

I believe he is sincere in his apology.

As Moderator he should be held to a higher standard than regular forum members, but still mistakes happen, we all make them. I sell gun-related, reloading-related, and ammo-related items on Gunbroker. I NEVER would use the competition with the letters AA after my one and only transaction there years ago.

I love Gunbroker and I want other members to know that I put GB on a pedestal as a shining example of what auction sites should be.

And I practice what I preach, I sell LOTS on GunBroker and would NEVER EVER ask a question here about an item that I did not plan to sell here.

Thanks,

Greg Perry
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    O.K., since the rest of the responses ran counter to the Posting Guidelines and had nothing to do with the topic, I have deleted them and locked the topic.

Fortunately, you have gotten good answers before this went south on us.

Best.