In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ruger Security Six .357 value

BDHABTBDHABT Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
edited June 2009 in Ask the Experts
Anyone know what this pistol would be worth?
I believe it has never been fired,and has what I think is the original box.
Ruger Security Six Stainless,.357,4" barrel.
I just wanna make sure I don`t get ripped off when I go to sell it.
I inherited a few more pistols from my dad when he passed,but I`ll post those later;one at a time.

Thanks in advance.
Mark.

Comments

• Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mark,
    Check the auctions. I picked a nice one up for $250, but used and no box. In the condition you describe it will likely draw a nice premium.
    Wish I'd never let mine go. Looking for another, I'll watch for your listing, but will likely get out bid! [:D]
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    Mark..The way gun prices have rocketed up since BO took office has changed the marketplace. Checking the auctions on GB is good advice but SSixStainless NIB should be worth somewhere in the range of $350/400 or perhaps a bit more if a Ruger guy/gal really wanted to add to a collection. They are great shooters and can't be beat for the price. I know that I would not let mine go for any less than that. Good shooting!
  • Options
    countryfarmercountryfarmer Member Posts: 4,552
    edited November -1
    NIB I would value at least $400 , just depends on how bad someone wants it. Rugers don't lose value too much.
  • Options
    BDHABTBDHABT Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the quick replies.

Mark.
  • Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    Ruger Security Six Stainless,.357,4" barrel. with box

should be in the $400/450 range
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought a snubby Security Six w/o box about a year ago for $325 to $350.

BDHABT,
    You'll make the most money selling these on here Gun Broker or privately. A dealer with a store front gunshop will not give any of these figures mentioned.
  • Options
    511pe511pe Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I picked one up for $275 6" blued used @ 90%. Factory grips are great. Ruger revolvers in the past, values are not as good as Colt or Smith&Wesson as is used. Good gun though. Dealers may not be favorable. A collector is your beast. Me personally I'd never pay more that $300 for any used Ruger revolver unless it's a custom build by a reputable smith. They are much heavier that the other 2 above mentioned. However those factory grips are sooo comfortable!
  • Options
    farmer37farmer37 Member Posts: 149 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would keep the guns.The money will soon be gone.I hope my son values my guns more than the money they will bring.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The others have made some great suggestions...don't get ripped off by a trade artist or pawn shop. Sell it, or any other guns on the auction side of this site...you will maximize your profit.

That said, check the auction side for auctions that are completed for the price that they have sold for. Personally, I would start it at a penny with no reserve. Make sure hou have several well lit with natural lighting, good sharp, photo's. It will bring what the market will bear. I am suspecting in the $400.00 plus range.

Best