In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Browning Citori

Gran63gersGran63gers Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
edited March 2011 in Ask the Experts
what do you think of this browning citori model? quality? price? value?

thanks guys for all your input and advice. keep it coming

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    What should an 1970s vintage Browning Citori in good condition sell for?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Browning Citori Upland,12guage. It has fixed chokes full/mod. I want to have choke tubes intalled . Anybody have this done or any suggestions? I have been told Briley tubes are the best. Will Browning even consider putting tubes in it?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Trying to liven up the stock on my Citori and don't know what Oil Browning used to treat the stock. Suggestions, relevant comments, help? J
  • Options
    edited November -1
    WHEN WAS THIS MADE SN# 29783NXxxx THANKS
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I need to have a browing citori rebuilt.Can this be sent to Browning, and if so, where do I send it to? Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Browning Citori Deucks Unlimited Edition from the 1980s, its a golden canvasback edition, and has 24 karat gold plating. It has never been shot and is in mint condition, its #44 out of 200, and i would like to find out how much it is worth

* r DONE
  • Options
    edited November -1
    traded a couple of new rem. 1100 for a new browning citori 12ga. anyone know anything about these gun's It's a lighting with screw in choke's.Are just a field grade or higher grade gun seem's to be a pretty nice gun. thank's for any help.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A made in japan like new condition 12ga. Browning Citori is for sale at my local pawn shop.
    SER#27493NN131.
    Can someone give the DOM and approx.value of this beautiful shotgun?
    Thank You.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hello,

I am looking at 12 ga shotguns. I am looking at a Browning Citori that says on the box: 28" model c ltng. I also look on Gun Broker and see several white lightening and a "G" model. I don't know the difference. I am particularly interested in understanding what the "c ltng" is. The box says Grad I. Also I see one that says vertually the same thing except Grad V. I simply do not understand all the acronyms for the Citori. Can you help? Further, what is the value of a 12ga Citori 28" with two factory chokes, Grad I?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am wondering if anyone could give me a little help..
    I picked up a Browning Citori over/under 12gauge 3 1/2 inch at
    an estate sale. I am interested in turning but not sure
    what I should ask.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Maybe I'm insane but I'm thinking of buying a browning citori that has wonderful deep old style engraving and THEN buying another browning citori that has eye popping deeply figured wood so that I can swap the best wood onto the best receiver and visa versa.

I would then keep the best one and sell the second gun. Is that easier said than done? What am I missing? Would this be a bad idea or a mistake? I'm ok if I lose $500 doing this.

Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What is your opinion of the BrowningCitori. I have one and love it?

Looking for quality, looks, shootability and resale value.

THANKS

SAGE 1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Any idea what a Browning Citori grade 3 is worth? Gun has about 500 rounds through it. No sratches or marks, has real pretty high gloss wood
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a citori which barrel is supposed to fire first the top or bottom. Can you change it.
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    Gran63gers.....thanks for your question and welcome to the ATE GB Forum. Without photos, just too hard to tell. The word "good" means different things to different folks. One person's "good" is anothers "poor." Photos would help solve this issue. If you could follow the sticky instructions at the top of the Forum and send us some photos we could nail it down for you. Other than that....just guessin'....so my guess would be somewhere between $100-600+. The Citori is one fine shotgun but condition is everything. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Gran63gers
    What should an 1970s vintage Browning Citori in good condition sell for?
    Thanks for the response. I recently began shooting clay pigeons with some friends and enjoyed it a lot. I found the gun for sale on this site and had no general idea of a good price. Your reply is right in the range that I had guessed. I have looked at hundreds of guns on the web over the past few days. Also, read a lot of forum chatter.
  • Options
    geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    Gran:

I know you didn't ask, I'll butt in anyway.

Many fine guns available. If you are starting to shoot clay games, start with a good O/U (Browning, SKB, Beretta), "sporting" if possible, screw in choke tubes are a "must" so you can change to many games.

Basic "fit" is very important in these games. Have a good gunsmith assure the gun is modified to fit properly to you, it is well worth the money.

Best of luck, welcome to a great sport, and when you start to shoot on a regular basis we'll see you on the reloading forum page.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the post. I am new at this game (fishing and golf for years but no shooting sports)and need advice. It is much appreciated. How about length of barrel?

quote:Originally posted by geeguy
    Gran:

I know you didn't ask, I'll butt in anyway.

Many fine guns available. If you are starting to shoot clay games, start with a good O/U (Browning, SKB, Beretta), "sporting" if possible, screw in choke tubes are a "must" so you can change to many games.

Basic "fit" is very important in these games. Have a good gunsmith assure the gun is modified to fit properly to you, it is well worth the money.

Best of luck, welcome to a great sport, and when you start to shoot on a regular basis we'll see you on the reloading forum page.
  • Options
    45er45er Member Posts: 245 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Howdy Gran63,

Good advice has been given-- can't go wrong with a Citori. Great gun at a moderate price.

Be advised though, that one that old, ( as mine is), and in field grade-- the basic no frills model, the barrels may not be set up for screw-in chokes. What ya get is what ya get. Still, for an all around gun, it's hard to beat.

Clay games are like anything else, golf & fishing you mention, for example... so you know one can spend a ton of money and still be lousy at the sport.
    What my first basic Citori, (improved/modified 26" inch barreled), did, when introduced to trap shooting, was learn me to deal without the perfect fitting stock, the perfect choke system, the perfect sight set-up, etc. And I came away a better shooter for it, given much practice. Mostly though-- much fun.

You want to get more serious, or into competition after a while, okeedokey-- the skys the limit what can be bought, and then, as said by geeguy, then is the time to get serious with fit, chokes, etc. But since you asked about price, I take that as a budget question, so again, the basic Citori is a big thumbs up. Of course better, if you can find a used one with the screw chokes, but what the hey.

45er
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    www.browning.com

Order a catalog and take it from there.

Brownings are the best.
  • Options
    geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    Gran:

You asked about barrel length. This is a subject (like in many sports) of great debate. General guidelines:
    The length does not change the basic shot pattern, it does change the sight picture, the "swing weight", and the general gun balance. The rule used to be the shorter barrel (26"-28") for quick handling like skeet, long barrel(30"-34")for trap. Most "sporting guns" (cross between a field "drop" and a trap "drop")are 28"-32". Sporting guns tend to "float" the bird above the bead, while field guns tend to be right on the bead due to the drop in the stock. Most people learn on a field set up and then move to another gun.

My point in recommending the "sporting" model, if you can find one at the right price is just that it is a little better all around for your games, not that a field gun won't work. I would highly recommend screw in choke tubes, it will give you full range of games.

You could play golf with just a driver, 1 iron, and a putter, but it would be nice to have a full selection of clubs, same with the choke tubes.

Best of luck, many good guns to choose from.