In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

H&R Shotgun

dusty123dusty123 Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
edited March 2011 in Ask the Experts
Need info on a bolt action harrington&richardson gangster model 349. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have a 1908 mod small frame 24 gauge, can i get a .410 barrel to fit this gun, if so, can anyone tell me where or point me in the right direction? Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does any one know dom for a mod, 1908 shotgun SER.#451503? All i have been able to find out that was made prior to 1939. I know it not no value but to me as it was my late grandfather's. Thanks for any help.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a model 1908 h&r 24 gauge with a 24 inch barrel serial # A7155xx, does anyone have any info on date of manufacture or if it came from factory with a 24 inch barrel? still has bead sight and doesn`t look to be cut
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I Have an H&R 12 guage shotgun and have been trying to obtain some info about the gun but so far no luck. I have found only one serial number on the trigger guard and its B4132. Does anyone know what year it was manufactured and maybe a value???? All help is greatly appreciated
  • Options
    32 Magnum32 Magnum Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dusty123,
    First thing: the H&R Model 1908 was the LARGE frame. If you have a SMALL frame it's either a Model 1905 or 1915. The 1905 will have a removable hinge pin, the 1915 has a fixed pin and a pull off fore stock. Barrels for either model show up pretty often on the auction side. NOTE: the 24 gauge is a desireable collector item. I've seen fair condition H&Rs with that gauge barrel sell for over $200. ALSO, modern H&R/NEF barrels will not fit on your gun, no matter which model you truly have.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry, my mistake, it is a 1908 mod. my gun is a 24 gauge choke but the breech has been drilled to take 20 gauge shells. this was done in the late 1930`s or 40`s.The barrel is 24 inches long but it was probably cut to remove the choke due to the bigger 20 gauge shell. the gun works fine but has a little extra recoil. I still wouldn`t mind a .410 barrel but i guess that`s not so easy. Thanks gerard