In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

28 Ga. Slug??

mazo kidmazo kid Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2002 in Ask the Experts
Can someone tell me if there is such a thing as a 28 ga. slug shotgun shell? I have looked in several catalogs and can't find any, only small one ga. listed is .410. Has anyone loaded something like this? Thanks in advance. Emery

Comments

• Options
    richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    I have a friend who loads what I think is a .530 muzzleloader ball into a regular trap hull and wad. Shoots about 4-6" at 50 yards. Cant hit the target at 100.

A man with a gun is a CITIZEN, a man without a gun is a subject.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the reply; I just stuck a .54 maxie ball in an empty and thought that might do it. I am also looking for some loads if you know of any. Emery
  • Options
    sportsport Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There used to be such a thing. I think they quit making those slugs in the late 60's (not for sure). You can still find them, but you are going to spend vintage ammo prices for them too (ie, I have seen single slugs sold at gun shows at a price range of $4-$10). The old boxes that they can in are also highly collectable. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    hunterinthethumbhunterinthethumb Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am hoarding 3 rem. factory slugs from a long time ago. I believe Ballistic Products can still supply foster type 28 ga. slugs but you have to load them yourself. Check their cataloge or web site. Other wise we have to check local gunshows for vintage slugs. I know this wasn't much help. Joe. B.

joeb.
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Emery, don't know if they have this (man, you sure do love the esoteric!), but Precision Reloading carries practically anything you can imagine for shotgun. If they don't have it, they can at least tell you whether it is available.

http://precisionreloading.com/index.html
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys, I pretty much found the info I wanted with your help. I've never been disappointed in this site for getting the info I request.