In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

AR-15 trigger /hammer pin diameter

givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
edited September 2006 in Ask the Experts
Greetings: Joe (givette) here: What size trigger/hammer pins? My Colt AR-15 SP1 was manuf. 1974. If the DOM isn't enough info to determine what size pins I have, then what size drill bit should I insert into the side of the lower receiver to determine if the pins are large or small? Tks in advance. Joe (givette)PS..gambled and ordered a large-pin parts replacement kit. Hope I dont have to send it back.

Comments

• cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Small pin, 0.155".
    CP
  • givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    Tks for the info, CP. It really helps. Now that you've advised me that I have the small pins, do you recommend the "slightly oversize" pins to keep the pins from rotating? Or is it OK to continue to use MILSPEC pins, (which in my rifle causes a slight freespin). My pins fit snugly-no sloppiness, but they do have slight freespin when the hammer/trigger is actuated. If you, or anyone knows if the AR-15 type rifle was originally designed to do this (freespin), I'll leave it be, and won't mess with it. Again, tks. Joe (givette)[:)]