In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

M-12 stock length,off the gun

sotheresothere Member Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2006 in Ask the Experts
how long is a M-12 stock with butt plate,Off the gun both early and late style please.Thanks;ST

Comments

• Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    13.5 to 13.75 inches unless special ordered for a specific LOP.
  • sotheresothere Member Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks Bert is that for an early(nickel steel) or late stock
  • Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sothere
    thanks Bert is that for an early(nickel steel) or late stock

Both. The shape of the stock changed from the early perch belly with a very small pistol grip to the more straight type with a much more pronounced pistol grip, but the LOP remained constant for the most part.
    edited November -1
    Great,thanks,I found a late 40's flat bottom set 16/20 ga.13 5/8" With the plate,great shape,I'll be all over it.
  • only winchestersonly winchesters Member Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi sothere: Well make sure your putting it on a "late 40's" gun! Since there were 5 styles of field grade stocks, (7 if you count the two "English" versions). Makes it kind of easy to spot a "stock swap" if you know Model 12s!

That didn't take long now did it!!

Regards Dave
    edited November -1
    Actually the stock is headed for a 1928 20 ga. on a temporary basis,the forearm is headed for a late 40's gun to replace the corn-cob someone altered to fit if the wood matches.Both solid ribs[:D][:D]The 28 gun has a period pad on the original stock that needs to be replaced.I prefer the later stock to shoot with and this is just a spare if you will,When I'm ready to replace that pad I'll be checking in again.Unless I find an early original stock in 90% condition.