In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Used Vanguard 270, Weatherby ??

jeronimojeronimo Member Posts: 194 ✭✭
edited September 2006 in Ask the Experts
Might be buying a used one, does anybody have info on this?? Thank you, jeronimo.

Comments

• Options
    temblortemblor Member Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jeronimo
    Might be buying one, does anybody have info on this?? Thank you, jeronimo.

Good enough gun -- but just paying for the Weatherby name. The Vanguard rifles are made by HOWA for them. I'd just buy a HOWA and try to save a few bucks, plus HOWA has a better reputation for customer service if you ever have problems with it.
    They are well built guns no matter whose name is on them and have reputation for good accuracy.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd buy a Howa before I bought a wthby. The Vanguards/Howa's (2 lug bolts) have been getting good press,..so as temblor stated, go buy a Howa 1500 in 270 and you'll probably end up a few bucks to the good.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kind of no frills in the Howa format, but a very well designed action with some nice features like a flat bottom which makes for solid bedding. I bought mine as a barreled action and glass bedded it into a JRS Classic stock from Boyds. Well under the price of a Vangaurd, probably even a used one. MOA shooter, if only I were.