In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hensoldt Wetzlar Diatryl scope

ranger6ranger6 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited September 2006 in Ask the Experts
I am looking for an expert to assist in identifying what this scope is and how to adjust windage.

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best check your spelling of "Diatryl", it doesn't agree with with the names/spelling of any of the Hensolt scopes shown in the scope book.

The pre W W II German/European scopes commonly had windage adjustable mounts. I had one mounted on a Winchester 670 years ago. The scope was made in Czechoslovakia and had a 26mm tube. I special ordered the mounts and rings from Manyard Buleuer of Orinda CA. I don't believe that Buleuer is still around though. Give the folks at Brownells a call, If anybody has them or knows where to get them it will be them.
  • Options
    HerschelHerschel Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the forum.

The 1939 Shooters Bible lists a Hensoldt Wetzlar Dialytan that was a 4X scope which came in a standard weight for $75.00 and a Featherweight version that listed for $88.00. Both were high priced scopes in 1939. The windage adjustment for these scope is in the scope mount base. There were/are scope mounts that had adjustments for windage and elevation. You could also obtain windage adjustments, after a fashion, on the Redfield mounts. The standard weight Dialytan had a 26mm tube and the lightweight version had a 27.5 mm tube. Getting scope mounts with windage adjustments for these size tubes might be a problem.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:I had one mounted on a Winchester 670 years ago.

670 years ago? Wow Rufe, I did not know you were quite that old. Didn't know Winchester was either. That is what I love about these forums, I learn something every day.