In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Kimber .17 Mach 2 Conversion Kit

mattman27306mattman27306 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited September 2006 in Ask the Experts
Has anybody had problems with this caliber? Alot of jam ups, reliability, accuracy and miss feeding the .17 ammo? I wanted to buy one from Kimber, but they will not sell the conversion kit anymore. They said there is a problem with the bullet,(HEMMM) but they're still selling the full pistol version. That tells me that the problem really lies in the conversion kit and not the ammo. Have you heard any stories as such? Why are they so hard to find, are they greedy and want you to buy the whole gun or is it that they're crap anyway? I have a Pro TLE II and wouldn't trade it for the world!
1911 for life!

Comments

• Options
    MooseyardMooseyard Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The last time I talked to Kimber, they were not going to make any more 17s at all. The claimed it was due to lack of interest, not malfunctions. I had one for awhile, but I only put 10-20 rounds through it, but it functioned flawlessly. I have never heard of anyone having problems with the 17 version.
  • Options
    mattman27306mattman27306 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks, I saw an auction listed with one for sale and know the .17 is a hotter load than the .22 LR, so I'm wanting to buy it. Why did you get rid of yours? The customer service rep was the one that told me that they were having problems with the caliber. If it was due to sells, then you would think she would have said that. Kimber is still putting that conversion kit in this years catalogue, so whatever the reason it happened pretty quick?