In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Springfield 1911 Serial Number

1911man20061911man2006 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited October 2006 in Ask the Experts
I bought a Springfield a few years ago.

Here's the number on it:

N416780

Does anyone know how I would go about getting a model number and a value on it?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Comments

• tommy45autostommy45autos Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have a Colt frame and a Springfield slide.This serial # No416780 is listed for Colt made 1918.Pictures will get you more replies.

Don't know how I got over the hill without ever getting to the top!!!
  • 1911man20061911man2006 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Tommy.

The number is on the lower receiver. Springfiel Geneso, IL is stamped right above it.

Both the slide and the lower receiver have Springfield stamps on them.
  • 1911man20061911man2006 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Springfield is virtually identical to this picture. The only difference is that my weapon doesn't have the springfield logo on the grips and doesn't have the ambidextrous safety. The number is even similar.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/images/pistols/PX9109LLarge.jpg

This picture is found in the Full Size Pistol section of the 1911 section on Springfield's web site. You can click on the parkerized finish image and this is waht you get. So, I'm thinking that it's a custom loaded Springfield.

Any comments.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911man2006
    I bought a Springfield a few years ago.

Here's the number on it:

N416780

Does anyone know how I would go about getting a model number and a value on it?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Awile back I called Springfield regarding the history of one of their pistols, that I owned at the time. The lady I spoke to was very helpfull, and answered my questions.

I would get hold of their customer service number, and give them a call. Hopefully they will be able to give you specific data regarding model, DOM and original configuration. You can use this data to check the "SOLD" prices for Springfield pistols similar to yours,on the internet auctions. This will put you in the ballpark, value wise as far as yours is concerned.
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello what you have is a 1911 type clone made by the CIVILIAN COMPANY Springfield Armory This is a newer well made pistol and spring field customer service should be able to help you It is NOT a EX military pistol.
  • hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter
    Hello what you have is a 1911 type clone made by the CIVILIAN COMPANY Springfield Armory This is a newer well made pistol and spring field customer service should be able to help you It is NOT a EX military pistol.

I agree. It's a SA 1911A1, not necessarily a "loaded" model. You can go to SA website, they have a "contact us" page. Give them the serial number and politely ask for history of gun and in a couple days they will tell you when the gun was made. They have a very nice lady working there who is very helpful.