In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

help with photo

hellfirehellfire Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
edited June 2007 in Ask the Experts
how do i attach a photo[?]

Comments

• Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is a link to a note regarding photo posting:

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=219348

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    edited November -1
    sorry but im lost im not that copmuter smart my photo is in my documents[:(]
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the photo you want to post is in a paper document then you will need to capture it in a digital image first (take a digital picture of it) and then post it in accordance with the instructions in that link. If you use photobucket to host the image they provide clear directions and easy to use tools for getting the image on their site.

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go to www.photobucket.com , create a account, do the browse thing to find the picture on your computer, than hit the upload button.
    Now that your photo is hosted on photobucket, copy the IMG code from the block under your picture (it's the third line of code). Now on the post that you want the photo to appear in, paste the code into your post.

Copy and paste drop box is available by right clicking your mouse.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thank you everone i got it i used my web cam to take the shot i dont have a digital camera.tell me how it looks
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Below is my photo posting procedure. Note that you should use the Preview button before posting, so that you can tell if what you are doing is correct.

Posting Photos on the Gunbroker Forum

This may sound complicated, but after doing it a few times it will seem easy.

1) Establish an account on a photo hosting website; I use www.photobucket.com. This site is free. They accept donations, but do not hassle you if you don't donate. There are a couple of other free photo hosting websites.

2) Put your photos on your computer's hard drive (generally :C). You will probably want to make a file folder that you use just for photos. The photos should be in .jpeg format.

3) You then want to move the photo you want to post to your Photobucket space. Go to Photobucket & login under your account. After pressing the Browse button, find the photo on your computer & Move it to your Photobucket album.

4) Go to the Gunbroker forum & write your response. Click on the icon that looks like a postcard with mountains. This will create characters that look like "image brackets". You are going to have to paste the address of your photo between the 2 sets of brackets. Go to your Photobucket album & double click on the photo you want to post in order to enlarge it. Right click on the photo to bring up a box with Properties at the bottom. Left click on Properties. This will bring up a box containing the address of your photo. Highlight the entire address with your cursor. Right click on the highlighted address & left click Copy.

5) Go back to your Gunbroker response & left click between the 2 sets of brackets. Right click your mouse to open a box, & left click on Paste.

6) Press the Preview button to be sure that you did everything correctly. If you did, your photo will appear in your response. If not, go back & try again.

Neal