In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

spencer shotgun

algos83algos83 Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
edited June 2007 in Ask the Experts
I recently acquired a Spencer Gun Co. 12ga Single shot shotgun. I have searched everywhere and can't seem to find any information. It has no markings on the gun other than the company name and it says full choke on top of the barrel. It has a steel barrel and it is 30 inches. I would also like to know about how much it is worth. If someone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

Comments

• algos83algos83 Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello,

Can anyone tell me anything about a Spencer Shotgun with a 1896 Date on it? It is a single shot 12 gauge, not the repeater that you normally see for sale.

I haven't been able to find out anything about it or it's value. Any help would be much appreciated.
    edited November -1
    I have a spencer gun co. 12 gauge single shot with the # 149 on it and was wondering if anyone knowes anything about it? Thanks algos
    edited November -1
    Can anybody tell me anything about a Spencer Shotgun.It is a 12ga. SXS, with Damacus BBL.
    edited November -1
    I recently saw a converted spencer shotgun for sale. It was a converted carbine to 16 ga. Can anyone tell me about the ammo for one of these?
  • 1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Could you post pictures? I have referrence to the pump gun, but not a single shot. A bit more detailed description would be of benefit noting the markings, patent dates etc.
  • Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Spencer Gun Co" was a trade brand name used by the H. & D. Folsom Arms Company (which was not a manufacturer, but instead, was a large importer/dealer). The gun itself was either manufactured by the Crescent Arms Company, or it is of Belgian original. If Belgian, it will have "ELG" stamped on the underside of the barrel somewhere. Depending on who made it, it could have been made anywhere in the 1890 - 1930 timeframe.