In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Barrel Maker

jbhdjbhd Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
edited July 2007 in Ask the Experts
Has anyone ever heard of a rifle barrel maker by the name of W.S.Glodzik? I have a rifle that has this makers stamp on the barrel and I would really like to know more about him.

Thanks, Jeff

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    looking for info on a barrel made by easton eng. co. j berry gunsmith
  • Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Barrel makers normaly stamp their information on the chamber end of the barrel. Markings on the side are normaly put there by the gunsmith that installed the barrel.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info! The markings are on the top of the chamber end of the barrel, one is "W.S.Glodzik" and the other "WSG" with a border around it.
  • Options
    Old FoolOld Fool Member Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    W.S. Glodzik was indeed a custom barrel maker. Other than the fact that his barrels are of high quality I do not have any further information on him[:(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Tailgunner1954,

Do you remember where you saw this barrel maker mentioned or advertised? Was it in a magazine or book by chance?

Thanks, Jeff
  • Options
    cglodzikcglodzik Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jbhd
    Has anyone ever heard of a rifle barrel maker by the name of W.S.Glodzik? I have a rifle that has this makers stamp on the barrel and I would really like to know more about him.

Thanks, Jeff

Not sure if I can help, but my father was a gunsmith in Reading, PA for many years. I think he specialized in rifles for deer hunting. His name was Walter Stanley Glodzik. Let me know if this helps you.
    Cathy
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cathy,

Welcome to the GB forums and thank you for taking the time to post regarding the question about your father's work! This is truly an exceptional opportunity for our members to hear from the daughter of the gunsmith in question.

If we get to the 10 post mark and we lock the topic, jbhd should make note of your e-mail so that he can stay in touch.

Thank You!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Cathy,

Thanks for the reply!! This really helps enormously and it is an honor to talk to you. Sorry I am so late responding, as I forgot to check back on my posting. Do you remember when you father was doing custom rifle building? Do you have any literature that he may have had detailing the rifles he built and for who? I purchased one of his rifles from a gentleman and would really like to know as much about your father's work as possible. If you would like to email me off line at jbharley@msn.com, I would really like to talk to you and can give you my phone number or vice versa.

Best Regards, Jeff

quote:Originally posted by cglodzik

Thanks, Jeff

Not sure if I can help, but my father was a gunsmith in Reading, PA for many years. I think he specialized in rifles for deer hunting. His name was Walter Stanley Glodzik. Let me know if this helps you.
    Cathy
  • Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tailgunner1954,

Do you remember where you saw this barrel maker mentioned or advertised? Was it in a magazine or book by chance?

Thanks, Jeff

Never said I'd seen his work. Said that most barrel makers mark the breach end, which gets machined off when the barrel is installed. Most of the time the markings on the side of the barrel are put on by the person/company that installed the barrel. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that