In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Robar NP3 finish

BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
edited July 2007 in Ask the Experts
Has anyone used the Robar NP3 matte silver finish? How do you like it and was it worth it? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    bgjohnbgjohn Member Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NP3 is great from ROBAR. I had a CZ pistol done and it turned out good. I refinished an Indian Enfield 2A and it looked good except for the bolt. So I had ROBAR NP3 the bolt to complete the job. It looks great!
    JM
  • Options
    aliasalias Member Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had three revolvers done last year. SP101 and a beat up S&W 15-3 that's my wife's nightstand gun, both complete inside and out, and a first year ported Taurus 85T titanium internals only (Only $85 for that one at the time). Came out really nice, especially the total finish jobs.. The Ruger trigger smoothed out a whole lot. The S&W needed a little smithing, too, so it cost more than the gun was actually worth. Nice finish, in my opinion. But they don't give it away. I think the price went up a little since I had mine done. But the wife loves it. I'm more than happy with the two of mine, too. Only problem so far is hot +P's tend to shoot the cylinder latch screw loose on the Taurus. I'd do it again. I'll try to find a couple pictures if I get the time, but I have dial up only and it takes forever to upload.

Actually, they are already posted (last post) under a thread started by William81 on 10/22/06 titled "New finish for my 1991 A1". I just don't know how to move them here, and don't want to use another of the ten posts before this is locked. If you want to see a somewhat fuzzy pic of NP3 look up that thread.
  • Options
    MrOrangeMrOrange Member Posts: 3,012
    edited November -1
    Yes, on a Colt Mustang Pocketlite that was carried in a pocket without a holster (yeah, I know), plenty of sweat and dust and lint and such. Not needing to lay on the grease and oil for rust prevention/proper operation was a huge plus. Slick as snot on a doorknob, and after firing the gun cleaned up almost without effort.

Loved it, worth the cost, would put it on again in the same situation.