In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Weatherby Vangard

HTGHTG Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
edited December 2007 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone sell Weatherby Vangards cheaper than Walmart?

Comments

• Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    Well since its made for them by Howa of Japan, I would say look at a Howa 1500, which is pretty much the same gun with different stuff stamped on them for less money.

The also used to make the same gun for S&W under the 1500 designation.
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check the auctions.
  • Options
    jtmarine0831jtmarine0831 Member Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From your other posts I see you are looking for a 7mm Rem.Mag.. Here is the link to the 7Mags for auction now. I think you can find a little better rifle than the Vangard for the same or a little more money!

Good Luck in your search!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SearchResults.asp

edit:Look at the Savages, they are a very nice rifle, I have 2 110s in 7mm Rem.Mag.. Very Nice shooters![;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm planning on using remington ammo but still looking to buy the Vangard.
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HTG,

Here's the site that lists all the calibers you can get in a Weatherby Vanguard rifle:

http://tinyurl.com/2p377h

Among them you will note they don't offer a 7mm Weatherby Magnum in that rifle. They do offer a 7mm Rem Mag. If you want a Weatherby caliber though you can get the .300 Weatherby in that rifle. Or if you care to you can step down in size a bit by going with the .257 Weatherby. Wally-world can probably even order the one you want.

HTG,

Are you sure you want to jump right in to a 7mm Mag? You can kill anything in North America with a 7mm-08...and it won't start out beating you senseless.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks I wasn't sure about all of the specs on the Vangard.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is a Howa 1500 wearing the Weatherby name as stated correctly above. Just get one from Howa it will likely shoot better than you do. Well, OK better than I do then. Mine, in .308 is an MOA shooter when I can do my part. The action has some very desireable design features making it a real bargain for the price.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The Howa's I priced were about the same price as the Weatherby? Were's the cheapest place to find a Howa?
  • Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    galleryofguns.com. Allows you to shop around for dealers in your area, or just look around the auctions. If you are really concerned about price, then you have to do some detective work. I usually wont fret over 30 bucks since it nearly costs me that much to drive some other place with gas being over 3 bucks a gallon.