Help on Ammo ID please

us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,188 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2009 in Ask the Experts
Found some ammo for sale - advertised as factory PMC 44 Rem Auto Mag

I didn't know PMC ever made any ammo to shoot in the 44 Auto Mag pistols made by TDE & High Standard...or could this be regular 44 magnum ammo?
"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,626
    edited November -1
    I don't think it was ever called 44 Rem Auto Mag. I've only heard it called 44 AMP or 44 auto mag.
  • dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Look at the base of the brass and see what it says.
  • us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,188 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's listed on another gun auction site auction # 924285984 with only a picture of the red/white PMC box and description. Question sent & response not clear for me.
    "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln
  • rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,626
    edited November -1
    Unfortunately the box only shows 'pistol cartridge' on the label they are showing. It does not show the caliber.
  • us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,188 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You got it right. And for $12.00 + shipping doubt it's Auto Mag ammo.....probably standard 44 magnum.