In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Anybody have R.L. Wilson Colt Book?

MBKMBK Member Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in Ask the Experts
I need more on this: a Wells Fargo SAA made 1980 engraved nickle.

quote: R.L. Wilson's Colt book lists this as a 1 of 50 Special Edition made in 1980, although the date on the engraving is 1977

post by Woodmaster9.

Comments

• Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the book. What is your question?
  • MBKMBK Member Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What does it say about the 1980 Wells Fargo Commemorative 45 SAA?

Woodmaster9 posted about that revolver some time back, and I think he has one. I see one for sale, unturned but with a real crappy box. I am trying to figure a value.
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    From Rock Island auction of 9/11/2010: http://rockislandauction.com/viewitem/aid/50/lid/1948

This limited edition of 50 Colt Single Action Army revolvers commemorates the 125th year of Wells Fargo & Company. The top of the barrel has the standard one line address with "COLT SINGLE ACTION ARMY .45" on the left side as well as commemorative Wells Fargo engravings. The cylinder is engraved with the bust of William Fargo, Henry Wells and a stagecoach. The left side of the frame is marked with the two line, three patent dates followed by the Rampant Colt and to the rear a wedge of scroll engraving with a "1 of 50" banner. The right side is engraved with a western town. Fitted with smooth two piece walnut grips. Complete in a walnut presentation case with commemorative plaque on the lid and wine colored fitted velvet lining.

SOLD: $1265.00