In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Czech VZ52 Rifle

worstenemy453worstenemy453 Member Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in Ask the Experts
Trying to find information on value.

- I have 40 rounds of 7.62x45 for it.
- I have refinished the stock in a red mohogany stain and painted some pieces because of the original rhino lining. I didnt eliminate all the original scratches because i didnt want someone to look at it and think it was a new stock. I call it character. [:D] it looks great though.
- The stock has been reapired in 2 places by either the Czechs or the Importer.
- Rifling appears to be in great shape.
- Shoots perfectly with no issues what so ever
- Original bayonet is still attached with not too much sag at all.

Cant find much on the auction side. Ive been asking $550 at the moment.

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check the gas system under the barrel and barrel for pitting, original Czech ammo was very corrosive.

The last one I checked out was a mess. Most were pawned off to third world militaries and liberation fronts who did a very poor job of maintaining them. Bunch came in from Granada like that.

$550 doesn't seem realistic at this point in time for one of the Century beaters with the bedlinered stock, the way things are in the toilet economy wise nowadays. I would price it in the $250-$350 range, ammo being the kicker. 7.62 X 45 is a major pain to come by at a descent price. Without ammo it's just a ugly paperweight.
  • brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sold one 3 months ago for $350. It was in excellent shape. Your price is very high.
  • gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    worstenemy453.....I have one of these also. Sounds like you have done quite a bit of work on yours. The good news is that they are rather rare and good conversation pieces. The bad news is the round they fire....the Czech 7.62x45. Ammo is also rare (non-corrosive even rarer and expensive) so it is not much more than a conversation piece. I have left mine original...and, like a lot of older Czech weapons, heavy and butt ugly! The Czech's always wanted to do things their way and thought the rest of the Iron Curtain would go to their round rather than the Soviet 7.62x39....and they were wrong. If I was going to sell mine in this down market, I would shoot for $400 but realistically probably have to take $300 if I wanted to sell it...and I don't. Good luck at $550[^]
  • grady mitchellgrady mitchell Member Posts: 139 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have parts an ammo listed here on the gb site for that rifle vz 52 search under seller shady grady