In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Looking for advice on a Yugo M70

sintrixsintrix Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited December 2010 in Ask the Experts
Hello everyone,

I've recently purchased a Century WASR-10 and after firing it I've really grown fond of AK47's.. perhaps it's an addiction.. But anyway, while browsing the internet I've seen many mentions of the Yugo M70 (M70 ab2?) and that their quality in comparison to the WASR seems to be much higher.

I've been trying to find a Yugo locally, but have had no luck, which is forcing me to find one online! The problem here is, with the WASR, which I bought in a local store, I knew what to look for on the gun.. matching serials numbers among others things, which is something I do not have the luxury with when buying something online.

So my questions are:

1) What would be a good place to start when looking for one of these?

2) What options are there brand wise? I know there are Century Arms, what would some others be? I do not have to spend $1000 to be happy with a gun.. I also don't have $1000 to spend!

3) What are some other questions I should be asking here?!

Thanks for reading this, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jeff

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    The best place to start looking is right here on the Gun Broker auctions. With just a quick look at the listing I saw about a dozen M70s for sale. The Yugo rifles are among the very best in quality so their parts are superior to most AKs, but Century Arms has the rare ability to screw up just about anything that shoots.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Be advised the Yugo M70's are made with U.S. built receivers. This is due to federal law that prevents the importation of post-ban assault rifles. Because of this their are many different grades of M 70's depending who built it and what receiver they used. I would not be buying a M 70 without a great deal of research and actual hands on trigger time. There are quite a number of resources on the net that will help you to learn more about the post-ban U.S. built assualt rifles.
  • sintrixsintrix Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the replies guys.

Any ideas on where to begin looking? Any certain forums that you can think of would be a great help! Trust me when I say that this is not the first place I looked for information.

A lot of the places I checked out seemed overly bias towards one type or another (which CAN be a good thing, but it seemed more like a defense trying to warrant their particular purchase), or had conflicting information.. so I haven't found any good places to stay and check out..
  • fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    i have 4 yugo's nuff said[^]
  • SOXXIESOXXIE Member Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In general, you seem to be really asking what is the best quality,more than looking for certain build features. If that's the peiority, then you want a gun that has a 1.5 mil. reciever and as the people here said, monkeyed with as little a possible. yugo's,amd 65, eea- zevesta all come to mind....the zevesta is a single stack feed...BUT; it's all original mgf. the amd is ALL original parts. century builds are a roll of the dice.