In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

3.5" Benelli Montefeltro?

fisherofmen4Himfisherofmen4Him Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited December 2010 in Ask the Experts
Hello from Alabama--
I have a quick question that I hope someone can answer for me about a shotgun I just bought from a friend. He called it a 3.5" 12ga benelli montefeltro.

I grew up shooting ducks with a browning A5. I have been looking for a good, used 3.5" super black eagle, because of its slight "hump" in the receiver / sighting plane.

My friend knew what I was looking for and bought this gun for me. He said it was an early, transitional H&K / Benelli Montefeltro. He was really excited about its mint condition. He said he was told by the seller that the gun was used only for 2 rounds of sporting clays. It looks true to me. It is extremely fine and has a hawk or eagle medallion on the wood butt stock. I reimbursed my friend, but I knew right away that the gun is too nice for me to use to hunt.

I have not found another example of a 3.5" benelli montefeltro, and would like to know something about it. I surely hope it is worth the $1150 I gave my friend for it.

Please let me know what you can about this gun. Thanks for your time on this question.
--Paxton Pruitt

Comments

• Sparty_76Sparty_76 Member Posts: 714 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would like to know about your gun too. Does it have the recoil system like the SBE? Do not know about your gun but my SBE II was built for water fowl and turkeys. My M1 is built for pheasant hunting and overall I like it best.
    The gun you have I have seen and held at the dealers. It seemed lighter than the SBE and prettier.
    I think Bennellis were built for outside and the rougher and colder the weather the better. If you want something for the box I would buy something else, but that is just me. Happy New Year!