In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Winchester Model 30W.C.F.

RRangerRRanger Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited January 2011 in Ask the Experts
I have a Model 30 W.C.F. with a serial # of 385450. What would be the range of values on it? It does shoot fine with all parts original and has never been refinished. Any ideas on it?

Comments

• longspur riderlongspur rider Member Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The experts will want pictures, good pictures.
  • RRangerRRanger Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I kinda thought that would be necessary. I just wasn't too sure on the age either but thanks for the tip.

I messed up the original post. Yes, it is a Model 1894, lever action, 26in. barrel starts with an octogon but goes to round. I will see if I can get good photos of it and get them posted too, but right now, I am dealing with below zero/frozen pipes. ......
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am thinking seriously that this is not a model 30 W.C.F., but that 30 W.C.F. is the caliber in which it is chambered. If it is a lever action repeater, then it is most likely a Model 94, or 1894 Winchester, or a variant, there of. We really need to see some good, close up, in focus, well lit(natural daylight is best) photographs. The link below will tell you how to post them. you will need to use a photo hosting website such as imageshack.com, or photobucket.com to post them.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=259294

Best,
  • Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello RRanger,

The serial number points towards it being an early February 1908 vintage Model 1894. At that time, Winchester offered many different variations, and dozens of different configurations, all of which have an impact on the desirability (collector value). Also of great importance is the graded condition of the gun.

If you are able to do so, please post several clear close-up pictures of both sides of the receiver frame and top & bottom, and from end to end of your Winchester.
  • we_dig_itwe_dig_it Member Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like those 1/2round, 1/2 octagon barrels.[:D] Have a couple myself. The rifle wont "letter" but would like to see some pics. Sounds like a nice one.