In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

22 revolver carbine

lilmor50lilmor50 Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
edited January 2011 in Ask the Experts
I recently aquired an interesting piece . It is evidently a carbine built around a Remington black powder revolver frame but in .22 rimfire. I have seen these things in .44 black powder and in 38 special. When were they made? Any info on it would be appreciated.
Thanks and best wishes for the New Year
Morty

Comments

• Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by benjamin1

Terrific work! This is the type of information that should be shared around the web. Shame on the search engines for not positioning this post higher!

Did someone open a can of Spam? [xx(]
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Smells like Hormel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    fry it and all will be good[^]
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Back to the OP.
    Do you think it new made or a conversion on an old real Remington? No telling what Uberti might have leaked a few of.
    If a conversion, does it have any markings other than whatever Remington legends might be left?
    Alonzo Crull did a pretty good business in converting Colt Lightnings to .22 single actions long before the Ruger Single Six.
    He did other .22 conversions and this might just be one of his. Or somebody else's work inspired by his.
    Read all that I know and some other stuff at:
    http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=344832
  • Options
    FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hawk Carse
    Back to the OP.
    Do you think it new made or a conversion on an old real Remington? No telling what Uberti might have leaked a few of.
    If a conversion, does it have any markings other than whatever Remington legends might be left?
    Alonzo Crull did a pretty good business in converting Colt Lightnings to .22 single actions long before the Ruger Single Six.
    He did other .22 conversions and this might just be one of his. Or somebody else's work inspired by his.
    Read all that I know and some other stuff at:
    http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=344832

Very interesting. Sure would like to see a pic of one.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    had one similar to your description years ago that was single action 22lr octagon barrel brass trigger guard & butt plate....looked similar to uberti revolver carbine tho not as well made but still some Italian make..cannot remember what now...carried it around gun show till someone gave my price...spam or not
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This is unquestioably a factory (italy) job. Octagon bbl, brass frame nice wood stock with brass curved buttplate. It is funny to see the full-sized cylinder bored for .22 6 shot, and about twice as long as a .22 cartridge.
    thanks
    morty
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    right ...no loading gate...open ...curly trigger guard ??
  • Options
    edited November -1
    spasmcreek; excactly as you say.
    morty
  • Options
    JohnnyBGoodJohnnyBGood Member Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's one that was offered awhile back. Came with
    an extra cylinder. Maybe 22 Magnum?

Johnny

OMF19A-K-F2B-L.jpg