In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington Model 12

isutoadisutoad Member Posts: 156 ✭✭
edited March 2011 in Ask the Experts
need assembly instructions. anyone have them? can't seem to be able to get the cartridge retainer in the right spot, darn thing keeps sliding around.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Remington pump that does not have the model 12 on the receiver. I read early production did not. Can anyone tell me when they started putting the model 12 on? Also can anyone tell me date of manufacture for serial number 3176XX? The last patent date on the barrel is Apr. 16, 1912. Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have an old family hand me down Remington Model 12. Has not been used for years and took to a gunsmith to be looked over. Was told the barrell was not very good and should be replaced. I bought a used barrell on line and now he tells me it wont fit. Does anyone know if they made different barrells for the model 12 or is he just having some problems.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Remington Model 12C with a 24" octagon barrel, straight stock, and crescent butt. Serial # is 213627. Markings on barrel is as follows: "REMINGTON ARMS COMPANY, ILION NY USA" next line "Pedersen's Patents JAN'Y5,1909 other Patents Pending" Side of the barrel is marked ".22 LONG RIFLE". The only other marking is the RW for Remington Works. Any help with DOM and approximate value? ( Has a 2/3rds magazine)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Remington Model 12 in .22 short, long, long rifle serial # 671452. What is the approximate age and value?
  • Options
    ManygunsManyguns Member Posts: 3,837
    edited November -1
    Maybe the used barrel that you got was'nt really a Model 12.
    Tom
  • Options
    pactpact Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes,

Model 12a, 20 inch round barrel, 12b, 12c, 12cs. All had 24 inch octagon barrels but in 22 short, 22 short, long and long rifle, and .22 special. mag tubes would be different lenghts and the mag tube loops would be in different location on the barrel.

Pact