In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Grendel P30 problem found

bigray1bigray1 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
edited March 2011 in Ask the Experts
I would like to thank everyone that gave me advice on my grendel P30. After a lot of research I noticed that the picture of the recoil spring(from copy of manual found online) was different from both of the springs I received with gun. By zooming the size up to actual I found that the recoil springs were about 5 coils longer than drawing. I know from experience that the drawings would be to scale cut some of the recoil spring off and works good now. Slide was not coming back far enough to pick up nest round. Again thanks for advice.

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    they had trouble breaking the long skinny firing pin at the square shoulder of the dowell part..always wondered if one drilled out the hole & cloned the firing pin out of some better metal with the long part a little larger diameter that would prevent breaking
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    they had trouble breaking the long skinny firing pin at the square shoulder of the dowell part..always wondered if one drilled out the hole & cloned the firing pin out of some better metal with the long part a little larger diameter that would prevent breaking

Just like any manufacturer of firearms that has to outsource parts, Grendel had received a run of brittle firing pins. That lasted about a hundred guns. Back in 1991.
    They still command a premium as evidenced by the recent activity on the auction side; they cost $265 new, and are already competing with their Cousin-in-law, the KelTec PMR 30 as to which will sell for twice its' original cost.