In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Browning BDA 380

JGR2018JGR2018 Member Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in Ask the Experts
Found a good looking Browning BDA for sale for the right price, any drawbacks I should know about. Send me your reviews on this model, thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Which BDA? Oops, it's in the title.

The .380 is a little large for the caliber but a good shooter.
    It has a Walther type slide mounted decocking safety so it is an obligatory DA-SA in operation.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    I had one for years.
    They are very good guns.
    Mine ate everything I put through it.
    Spare mags are hard to find though.
  • Options
    SP45SP45 Member Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One of the earliest 380's that actually work. Like a smaller version of the Beretta model 92 9mm. A little on the large side but it has a hi-cap magazine. They are a nice gun.
  • Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A good point is that it uses the Beretta model 84 - 380 mag.
  • Options
    dogtown tomdogtown tom Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcs shooters
    ...Spare mags are hard to find though.

You're kidding?
    Spare mags are extremely easy to find.....they are exactly the same as the Beretta 84 uses.
  • Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    About 6 years ago I was in the local gun shop when the Assistant DA came into trade his Browning .380 in. All county law enforcement folks are required to have pistols. New rules specified a different type, so he was getting rid of it. It looked like new. After he left I asked to look at it. When I picked it up I immediately fell in love, it felt as good as any pistol I ever picked up, and I bought it on site.Since that time I've run probably 1000 rounds thru it, never a quibble. It still feels as sweet as the first time I ever picked it up.It would be one of the last pistols I ever gave up, just because of that.
  • Options
    ltslts Member Posts: 811 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the price is right, get it! Great handling pistol. I prefer the open slide on the Beretta 84F and 85F but would nab a Browning in a heartbeat if the price was right.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to sell the BDA years ago and was always told they were made by Beretta - no idea if that's true, but I suppose wuld explain why the 84 magazine fits?