In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Antique Gun Collection

podusepoduse Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited April 2011 in Ask the Experts
Myself and my wife are trying to get a handle on the individual value of several antique guns that we now have and we would really appreciate any help with this. Thanks Phil

The guns are as follows:

1)Lefaucheux 1860's Hidden Trigger
2)Lefaucheaux Brevette Pinfire 9mm 1850 (No.16)
3)Remington Army Revolver Model 58 44 Caliber (M)
4)Colt Pocket Revolver 1849 31 Caliber (Colts Patent 116131)
5)Belgian Baby Revolver 21 Caliber Folding Trigger PV R
6)Cap & Ball Gambler 36 Caliber (3 6407)
7)Colt 1851 Navy Revolver 36 Caliber 1854 (Bacom or Racomm MFG Company Norwich)
8)Stevens Pocket Rifle 22 Caliber 1880 (35519)
9)Stevens Pocket Rifle 22 Caliber 1890
10)Sharps Pepperbox Model 2A 30 Caliber 13269
11)Knuckle Duster 150 F3 Colt 44 (96980)

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We need quality photos for accurate identification and valuation.

This link gives you instructions for posting photos.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=259294

sdc12370b.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow

Thanks I am attaching what pictures I readily have to hand - not great I admit but hopefully they will at least give a very general guide as to what we have here.
    [img][/img]sdc12370b.th.jpg
    sdc12371e.th.jpg
    sdc12369.th.jpg
    sdc12368v.th.jpg
    sdc12367l.th.jpg
    sdc12366d.th.jpg
    sdc12365.th.jpg
  • Options
    hrfhrf Member Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by poduse

11)Knuckle Duster 150 F3 Colt 44 (96980)

This must be the little brass frame gun in your first pic, but the "150 F3 Colt 44" makes no sense, and maybe was supposed to be another gun?

What is shown appears to be a Knuckle Duster made by James Reid of Catskill, NY. They are valuable, but good closeup photos are needed to determine which model and condition, as there are several different sizes and models. Please list all markings on each gun and where found.
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by poduse

Thanks I am attaching what pictures I readily have to hand - not great I admit but hopefully they will at least give a very general guide as to what we have here.
    sdc12370b.jpg
    sdc12371e.jpg
    sdc12369.jpg
    sdc12368v.jpg
    sdc12367l.jpg
    sdc12366d.jpg
    sdc12365.jpg
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    #7 is a Bacon Revolver, made in Norwich, Ct. It's not a Colt but some of your signs are mixed up. The revolver above the Bacon appears to be a Model 1851 Colt Navy but a closeup picture is needed.

The two Colts in the blue case are Civil War Centennial models. They are single-shot that fire .22 short cartridges. You pull the barrel wedge out, slide the cylinder off, and load a .22 short cartridge.

The Remington has been seriously refinished but the grips could have good value if they are genuine ivory.

The Colt 1860 .44 caliber Army has been totally cleaned of the original finish but clearer pics are needed.

The Reid "My Friend" knuckle duster is quite collectible if it has good mechanics and markings as is the Sharps pepperbox.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    There are two modern guns in the first two photos you have provided. On the left hand side of the top photo is a inexpensive German made revolver that dates to the 1960's. They were sold in great quantity, until the Gun Control Act of 1968, stopped their importation and sale.

On the next photo down is a pair of single shot .22 short Colts as made by the Butler Manufacturing Co. during the 50's and 60's.

Some of the other guns shown are of original U.S. manufacture dating to the 19th Century. They might have substantial value. A hands on by a knowledgeable/honest dealer would be required to value them correctly.

Many of the other guns shown are European, and wouldn't have a lot of value in the States.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Colt Centennials are worth 350-400 retail 5.Folding trigger 125 range. German revolver at top left..40-50.. that my input...Although I do like lookingat old pistols....just something about them.[:)]
  • Options
    hrfhrf Member Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The "Cap and Ball Gambler 36 caliber" is either an original swivel breech cartridge derringer made by American Arms Co of Boston 1860s-70s or a modern replica, and there should be markings to identify which.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    There are two modern guns in the first two photos you have provided. On the left hand side of the top photo is a inexpensive German made revolver that dates to the 1960's. They were sold in great quantity, until the Gun Control Act of 1968, stopped their importation and sale.

On the next photo down is a pair of single shot .22 short Colts as made by the Butler Manufacturing Co. during the 50's and 60's.

Some of the other guns shown are of original U.S. manufacture dating to the 19th Century. They might have substantial value. A hands on by a knowledgeable/honest dealer would be required to value them correctly.

Many of the other guns shown are European, and wouldn't have a lot of value in the States.

Thanks rufe-snow for you in-put and thanks also to everyone else who have offered their input so far - I am definitely planning to post more photos to help with more accurate identification/valuation. BTW does anyone know of a knowledgeable/honest dealer in Philadelphia, PA who could perhaps take a look at these for us?
  • Options
    32 Magnum32 Magnum Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    poduse,
    If you don't mind traveling up into Bucks County just East of Quakertown, I can put you in touch with a very reputable and honest dealer with whom I have a great deal of experience and can also arrange for sale of the items if so desired. If interested contact me via my e-mail: bobell01@aol.com and reference "antique firearms on GunBroker forum".
    Note: my e-mail addres is bobellZERO ONE, not OH ONE
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Do to forum rules this topic will be closed after 10 responses. Reopen topic by using "Antique Gun Collection #2" as your subject.