In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Savage 24v- A 222/20

colt10colt10 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited April 2011 in Ask the Experts
Hi, can anybody tell me what a savage model 24v-a is worth in good condition.It has a little bit of bluing wear on the shotgun barrel,and a few lite scratches on the stock.It has a small scope and sling.It also has a low 5 digit serial number if that helps.I don't know how to include pictures or I would.Thanks for any help.

Comments

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    colt10........thanks for your question and welcome to the ATE GB Forum. Photos would pin it down but w/o them I think Nambu has it about right. The rarest of the 24V is the .357/20g and in NRA Excellent shape they are bringing in the $800+ range, even in this down market. Your O/U is not that rare but a nice gun nonetheless. They are valued by folks for their flexibility...great in the field and nice truck gun. Hope this helps[^]
  • colt10colt10 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the help,I'm hearing a few local people insisting that a 24 is only worth 150 to 250 because so many were made. Thanks again.
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Locals would like to BUY it for that...[B)] and give you the goat screwing.
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,119 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    saw the same combo at a local show last weekend, $450 was the asking price, he is still asking....
  • colt10colt10 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know a gun store will offer you 150 to 200 less than what they intend to try and get for your guns.Two I know of look forward to the old widows to come in to their store to sell their husbands guns,With offers between 50.00 and 150.00,The store is very happy with the deals that they make.(people trust them).I guess my point is that I think some people go by what a gun store will offer you instead of what it may be worth if you sell. I'm asking 350.00 for mine,or 400.00 and let some room to be talked down to 350.00. Thanks for your help everybody.