In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Double barrell Shotguns

rscoleman88rscoleman88 Member Posts: 4,250
edited December 2002 in Ask the Experts
I'm in the market for a new double barrell. I don't want anything fancy, just a good quality gun. Who is making some of the better quality double these days. And what price range are they going for? Thanks in advance

Respect those who protect us now just as you would those who died for us in the past.

Comments

• Options
    rhmc24rhmc24 Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In the double over-unders, Ruger offers in the thousand dollar range. Browning in a bit higher range. There are a number of imports in the $500 and less range. Walmarts has a nice looking one at about that price. I have a Russian Baikal now in the $400 range. It has all the bells and whistles that the more expensive ones have but not so finely fitted and finished. Reports here on GB give it generally good rep as a serviceable piece at a reasonable price but certainly not of heirloom quality. Hope this helps. Robert
  • Options
    LanceLance Member Posts: 128 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Several months ago someone asked the same question. I replied that Brno's ZH 300 series over/unders are the simplest, most durable, most flexible break-open gun I've ever experienced -- by a wide margin. I own a ZH 2xx and ZH 3xx. They are essentially the same.

I could go on and on. For more specifics:

tlancek@eudoramail.com
  • Options
    nelchrisnelchris Member Posts: 557 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    look at winchester ,weatherby,ithaca,browning I would go used you can get alot of gun for around 1000$
  • Options
    rscoleman88rscoleman88 Member Posts: 4,250
    edited November -1
    Anything on side by sides? Just to compare?

Respect those who protect us now just as you would those who died for us in the past.
  • Options
    gissimogissimo Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wanted a O/U for a family heirloom about 8 months ago. At that time they were discontinuing Sig (razzinni) SA-5's and the guns valued at nearly $2500 could be purchased for about $1100. It is in the same price range as the more mundane american made O/U's but as fine a shotgun as made anywhere. As soon as the glut is gone (It may be already) expect the values to return to around $2750 for NIB ones.